Saturday, July 24, 2010

The case of the Sundays

My mothers’ favorite day was Sunday.  Not only was she an entirely faithful woman who attended liturgy nearly every Sunday but she also loved the endless possibilities of the day. You can go to church, you can sleep in, you can enjoy midday cocktails or you can curl up in front of the fire with a hot cocoa.  You can treat Sunday like a Monday, like a Friday or like a Wednesday.  I believe that there is no proper or improper way to enjoy a Sunday. My mother mostly loved Sundays because it was our day.  And this is the reason I love them too. 

Like I mentioned there is no right or wrong way to go about a Sunday but lately I feel as if it is improper to do a Sunday without my mother.  Sundays are still my favorite day, now along with being my favorite they have become some of my hardest days. 
This is the reason I have decided to write to you all every Sunday and have you share this day with me like my mother once did. We’ll make it our little tradition.  Whether I’m at the ranch,  and you’re in San Diego, or I’m in Greece and you’re in Chicago, we will have the case of the Sundays… together.
 So what are you doing today, enjoying cocktails or running on the beach, taking picture or wandering around the farmers market?

1 comment: